Wednesday, December 7, 2011

Share & Voice Week 3

Through my web group I have found myself SO inspired by all of the work that Cole is doing! Every week I look forward to reading her blog, and to see all of the great environmentally friendly things she is. I was very intrigued by her photo essay actually. I have always wanted to be better to the environment, but I would definitely get lazy, or didn't really know how to go about doing things. However, after seeing all that she did with her garbage and how easy it was to recycle I found to be awesome! Now there really is no reason that I should not be able to do that. After living in my house with 5 girls and people always over there is a lot of garbage scattered throughout, and empty cans. If my roommates and I all made an effort to be more environmentally friendly and recycle we would be helping conserve so much, while producing less garbage, and making it easier for garbage centers to not have to sort through all of our trash. She was able to go through tons of garbage and boxes from garbages to not even one full sized garbage bag after a week just by all of the composting, and recycle. I am truly inspired by her efforts, and think it is awesome what she is able to do!
Great Job Cole!
Everyone should check out her projects and all of the work she is doing at How Does Cole's Garden Grow?  I know I am going to continue to do so! Not to mention her fruit bars were also delicious, which I am going to attempt to make, even though my cooking skills are not the greatest.


3 comments:

  1. I'm glad you were so inspired by a fellow classmate! I agree she does have some great posts that are very interesting to read. Hopefully you can convince your roommates the importance of recycling and teach them how easy it really can be!

    ReplyDelete
  2. *blushes* Thank you Lindsay! I almost feel guilty accepting such praise, because what I do doesn't feel special or noteworthy, just common sense. Sometimes I get down on myself that I don't do enough, but then I tell myself to remember that I do what I can and I can't do everything. I did have to admit with my photo essay that seeing the figures come out as they did was pretty exciting and it did feel good to stop and realize that we each can make a difference in small ways.

    Good luck to you in your efforts in greening up your lifestyle. I can tell by your posts that this class has really motivated you and changed your outlook. Kudos to you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree. Cole's blog was always really informative. I think she leaves really good post comments as well. She really makes you think about what you are posting which is great. Sometimes she would disagree with what I said or made me think about what I had posted in a different way. Sometimes someone else will see a topic differently and give you a new perspective.

    ReplyDelete